Illegal immigrant boat from Misrata sinks off Lampedusa: hundreds feared drowned
By Libya Herald Staff.
Survivors of the Misrata boat arriving at Lampedusa (Photo: Italian Coast Guard)
Tripoli, 3 October 2013:
Italy was in shock today after hundreds of illegal African migrants drowned when the boat . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Alitalia suspends Tripoli flights until mid-April Tripoli, 9 April 2014:
Alitalia has extended its flight cancellations until 15 April, citing ongoing unrest in the country.
- Misratan-led forces take control of military barracks and airport in Sebha By Jamal Adel.
Tripoli, 10 April 2014:
The Misratan-led Third Force has taken control of Sebha’s military barracks and airport, which had been seized by the Alwad Suleiman after being vacated…
- The Italian navy saves 360 more migrants By Hadi Fornaji
Tripoli, 15 October 2013:
In a trio of rescues today, two dangerously overloaded inflatables carrying a total of 290 more . . .
- Italian coastguard rescues 500 boat people off Sicily By Hadi Fornaji.
Tripoli, 12 April 2013:
As the sea state improves, the flow of sub-Saharans seeking to reach Italy from Libya in . . .
- Italy to open consular office in Misrata Tripoli, 27 March 2013:
The Italian Ambassador in Tripoli, Giuseppe Buccino Grimaldi, has appointed a consular correspondent in Misrata.
Hafed Makhlouf, a Libyan . . .
- Protests outside Military Intelligence offices at appointment of Salah Badi By Libya Herald staff.
Tripoli, 24 March:
The headquarters of the Libyan Military Intelligence was blockaded yesterday by staff protesting about the appointment . . .