Police stations in Benghazi attacked
By Maha Ellawati.
Benghazi, 4 October 2013:
Two police stations were bombed in Benghazi today in what is being seen linked attack.
Sabri police station was attacked at around 4.30 am. Three and a half hours later, a bomber went off at Birkah police station – the fifth time it has been attacked this year. In both cases, there was damage to the buildings but, fortunately, there were no casualties.
Birkah station was last attacked in July, when substantial damage was done.
There have been a mumber of attacks and killings of individuals in the Sabri district but the police station has until now not been affected.
More from Libya Herald..
- Americans file murder charges in Chris Stevens’ killing Tripoli, 7 August 2013:
The US authorities have filed criminal charges in the case of the attack on the US diplomatic compound in Benghazi on 11 September 2012 in which US Ambassador Chris Steve...
- Gunmen target another Benghazi journalist, threaten to kill her next time By Ashraf Abdul-Wahab.
Tripoli, 12 August 2013:
Benghazi journalist Khadija Al-Amami was shot at today by unknown gunmen. They missed but then sent her an SMS message saying they would ki...
- Bomb fails to deter major Benghazi pro-Saiqa demonstration By Noora Ibrahim and Ayman Amzein.
Benghazi, 29 November 2013:
A small “gelatina” bomb was thrown into a major pro-Saiqa, anti-Ansar Al-Sharia demonstration in Benghazi today, injuring a ...
- Staff protest over violence closes Benghazi hospital By Maha Ellawati.
Benghazi, 13 July 2013:
A violent outbreak between two feuding families in Benghazi’s Al-Jalah hospital has sparked an angry protest from medical staff, closing the premises...
- Bomb at Benghazi police station By Maha Ellawati.
Benghazi, 27 April 2013:
A bomb went off outside the police station in Benghazi’s Birkah district this morning causing damage to the building, according to Mohamed Al-Ma...