Misrata breaks with rogue militia after worst violence in Tripoli since Revolution
By Aimen Eljali and Ashraf Abdul-Wahab in Tripoli and Taher Zaroog in Misrata.
Forces move to secure central Tripoli during the night
8 November 2013:
Misrata city officials have distanced themselves from . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- 5th Mobtex International furniture and home textiles exhibition 21-24 April By Libya Herald staff.
Tripoli, 7 April 2014:
The 5th MOBTEX 2014 International Furniture, . . .
- Misratan-led forces take control of military barracks and airport in Sebha By Jamal Adel.
Tripoli, 10 April 2014:
The Misratan-led Third Force has taken control of Sebha’s military barracks and airport, which had been seized by the Alwad Suleiman after being vacated…
- Two prisoners killed in attempted Tripoli prison break By Muttaz Mohamed Ali.
Tripoli, 12 April 2014:
Two prisoners were killed last night at Ain Zara’s Ruwaimi jail in Tripoli after revolutionaries supporting prison guards opened fire during an…
- Plans to turn Bab Al-Azizia into giant entertainment centre presented. By Ashraf Abdul-Wahab.
Tripoli, 16 September, 2013:
South Korean architectural practice Siaplan today presented plans to the Ministry of Tourism to turn the . . .
- Egyptian diplomat kidnapped in Tripoli By Ashraf Abdul Wahab.
Tripoli, 24 January 2014:
An Egyptian diplomat has been kidnapped this evening in Tripoli, a source close to the . . .
- Protests outside Military Intelligence offices at appointment of Salah Badi By Libya Herald staff.
Tripoli, 24 March:
The headquarters of the Libyan Military Intelligence was blockaded yesterday by staff protesting about the appointment . . .