Former southern security head assassinated in Tripoli
By Ashraf Abdul-Wahab.
Tripoli, 11 January 2014:
A former security chief for the Wadi Shati area near Sebha was assassinated in Tipoli yesterday.
Mehdi Bin-Nasr Al-Maghrahi, the former head of the Supreme Security Committee (SSC) for Wadi Shati, was shot by unknown gunmen on Tripoli’s airport road. He had just left a mosque after Friday prayers.
Investigations into the attack are underway.
More from Libya Herald..
- Plans to turn Bab Al-Azizia into giant entertainment centre presented. By Ashraf Abdul-Wahab.
Tripoli, 16 September, 2013:
South Korean architectural practice Siaplan today presented plans to the Ministry of Tourism to turn the Qaddafi’s now ruined Bab Al-Aziziy...
- Benghazi Air Force Search and Rescue head assassinated By Ahmed Elumami.
Benghazi, 19 July 2013:
A second Air Force Search and Rescue head has been assassinated in the east of the country, following his kidnap late last night.
The body of Colo...
- TV presenter killed in Benghazi By Maha Ellawati.
Benghazi, 9 August 2013:
A young TV presenter for the Libya Alhurra channel was killed in a drive-by shooting this afternoon as he left a mosque in the Sisdi Husain area...
- Qaddafi-era Derna chief assassinated By Ashraf Abdul Wahab
Tripoli, 10 April 2013:
A former top Qaddafi official in Derna was gunned down in a drive-by shooting as he left evening prayers today.
Ali Al-Sharie was once the Sec...
- Founder of 17 February Coalition assassinated in Benghazi By Ahmed Elumami.
Benghazi, 26 July 2013:
A lawyer and political activist, Abdulsalam Musmari, who was one the founders of the 17 February Coalition, was assassinated today in Benghazi af...