Women’s “It will be our constitution” campaign launched with 50,000 SMS messages
By Sami Zaptia.
German ambassador Christian Much launches the first of 50,000 SMSs messages for Libyan women’s rights (Photo: Sami Zaptia).
Tripoli, 17 February 2014:
The German ambassador Christian Much launched the women’s “it will be our constitution” campaign by sending . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Magarief strongly supports women’s inclusion in the constitution drafting committee By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 27 December:
Libya’s leading women’s NGOs met with GNC head Mohamed Magarief yesterday morning at the GNC office buildings . . .
- Libya: seize chance to protect women’s rights – HRW Tripoli, 27 May 2013:
- Historic Time to Entrench Rights through Participation, New Laws and Constitution
Libyan authorities should seize a historic opportunity . . .
- Libyan Women Draw Joint Plan of Action To Ensure Influence in Libya’s Democratic Transition Tripoli, 1 October 2013:
Libyan women groups and activists have developed a plan of action to strengthen their involvement and activities in Libyan . . .
- Gender Concerns workshop on enrolling Libyan women in politics By Tazeez Hasairi
Tripoli, 25 December 2013:
Gender Concerns International organised a three-day workshop to encourage women’s participation in political life from 21-23 . . .
- 920,189 registered for constitutional elections – today is final day: HNEC By Tazeez Hasairi:
Tripoli, 31 December 2013:
As of 10 am local time, the High National Elections Commission (HNEC) reported that it . . .
- Opinion: Handover ceremony – Mustafa Abdul Jalil controversial to the end By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 11 August:
Islam, democracy, personal freedoms, secularism and the new Libya
The handover ceremony between Libya’s unelected and outgo…