No Result
View All Result
Friday, August 29, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

No deal on Jadhran but prisoner exchange possible says Cyrenaica spokesman

byMichel Cousins
March 21, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Ahmed Elumami.

Benghazi, 21 March 2104:

There has been no agreement that oil  blockader and Cyrenaica federalist Ibrahim Jadhran will hand over . . .[restrict]the oil terminals, leave Libya and go into exile in Dubai, the spokesman for the self-proclaimed Executive Bureau of Cyrenaica, Ali Al-Hassi, told the Libya Herald today.

There have been reports, mainly from Misrata, that a deal is being negotiated with Jadhran under he would hand over the terminals and leave the country in return for Misrata forces pulling back from Sirte. 

“It’s not true,” said Hassi. 

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

He claimed, however, that the basis of a deal had been agreed on Wednesday to exchange prisoners in negotiations between the commanders of the Central Libya Shield force and Jadhran’s forces.

If it happened, he said, it could open the door to the oil terminals being handed over. But, repeating the demand of Cyrenaica’s “prime minister” Abdaraba Abdulhamid Al-Barasi earlier this week, he said that Decree No. 42 issued by the President of Congress, Nuri Abu Sahmain, on 8 March in his capacity as Commander-in-Chief and ordering an armed force to free the oil terminals had first to be withdrawn. The Misrata-based Central Libya Shield force which went to Sirte last Tuesday in response to the decree had to return home. 

Four days ago, the Misratans claimed they had pulled out from Sirte which they moved into on 11 March, and from three oilfields near Zillah to which they had then advanced.

Other reports claim that they were forced out of the oilfields by Jadhran’s men.

On 12 March, Abu Sahmain suspended his order for two weeks to allow for mediators to persuade Jadhran’s forces to hand over the terminals. The suspension is due to end on 26 March.

It is reported that that the Libya Shield force asked for a week to consider its reply to the demand about withdrawing from Sirte. That would also be on 26 March.   [/restrict]

Tags: Libya

Related Posts

GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

Libyans still need visas to travel to China

August 27, 2025
NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port
Libya

NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

August 26, 2025
EUBAM delivers first aid medical equipment to Border Guards and Interior Ministry
Libya

EUBAM trains 30 Drugs Control Agency and Customs Authority officers in advanced hand-held x-ray scanners

August 26, 2025
Next Post

Derna Local Council still waiting for government funds

Tripoli’s wedding fair – more than just dresses

Tripoli's wedding fair - more than just dresses

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Medsky Airways adds a second Airbus 320 to its fleet

    Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • UNSMIL head Tetteh proposed new sequenced Roadmap includes parliamentary and presidential elections and a new unified government

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Aldabaiba broadly welcomes Tetteh’s new political Roadmap

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libyan German discussions include resumption of flights, opening of German Embassy’s visa section and economic and investment cooperation

Acting Minister of Oil and Gas Khalifa Abdel Sadig and US Chargé d’affaires Berndt discussions include developing oil sector

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.