No Result
View All Result
Sunday, August 31, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Government cites technical problems for ongoing closure of Zueitina

bythomwestcott
April 25, 2014
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Callum Paton and Muttaz Ali.

Tripoli, 25 April 2014:

The government has said that technical problems are delaying the opening of Zueitina . . .[restrict]Port, on the same day that federalists accused it of not sticking to the its side of the deal which was to see all the eastern oil export terminals opened within a month.

“Zueitina is in the process of being reopened but there are technical matters to deal with to do with the pumps and other machinery, which has been neglected in the time that the ports have been closed,” Prime Ministry spokesperson Ahmed Lameen told the Libya Herald yesterday.

“We are very pleased with the way things are proceeding and hopefully soon all the ports will be working for the benefit of the country,” he said.

RELATED POSTS

Libya and Austria discuss possibility of holding economic forum

Turkish trade delegation to visit Libya this April

The so-called ‘government of Cyrenaica’, however, has accused the government of not sticking to its side of the deal, brokered on 6 April.

“We have done our part but the government has not fulfilled its side of the deal,” said ‘Cyrenaica government’ spokesperson Ali Al-Hasi. The government was already exporting oil from Hariga oil port, at Tobruk, he said, but the federalist protesters were still waiting for what they had been promised.

“We respect the Libyan people but our patience will not last indefinitely and if this continues, we will take action,” Hasi said.

Federalist protesters, operating under Ibrahim Jadhran, have kept three of the country’s eastern oil export terminals – Zueitina, Ras Lanuf and Es-Sidra – closed since last summer and seriously restricted activities at a fourth – Hariga. Losses to the Libyan government have been estimated at $ 10 million. [/restrict]

Tags: BusinessCyrenaicafederalismgovernmentHarigaLibyaoil exportsoil portsZuetina

Related Posts

High-level Libyan government delegation arrives in Guinea to regain ownership of illegally confiscated investment assets
Business

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

August 29, 2025
Economy Minister Hwej reviews his ministry’s implementation of its 2023 plan and issues several directives
Business

Libyan German discussions include resumption of flights, opening of German Embassy’s visa section and economic and investment cooperation

August 28, 2025
Libya and Shell discuss several areas of cooperation
Business

Acting Minister of Oil and Gas Khalifa Abdel Sadig and US Chargé d’affaires Berndt discussions include developing oil sector

August 28, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Business

Aldabaiba-British Ambassador discussions include resumption of British Airways Libya flights and creating attractive Libyan investment environment for foreign companies

August 28, 2025
‘‘Enhancing skills related to the green and blue economy to enhance employment opportunities’’ workshop held in Tripoli
Business

Ministry of Planning launches Libya 2050 Vision

August 27, 2025
The International Forum & Exhibition for Free Zones – Misrata: 28 to 29 June at Misrata Free Zone
Business

Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

August 27, 2025
Next Post
Ministry of Oil and Gas office opened in Misrata

Ministry of Oil and Gas office opened in Misrata

Government pledges LD 98 million to municipal councils

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Libyan German discussions include resumption of flights, opening of German Embassy’s visa section and economic and investment cooperation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Following mobilisation of forces around Tripoli, UNSMIL calls for peaceful dialogue and de-escalation: report and analysis

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.