No Result
View All Result
Sunday, August 31, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Negotiations to end Jalaa Hospital crisis deadlocked

byCallum Paton
July 4, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Moutaz Ahmed.

Benghazi, 4 July 2014: 

No solution to the current stalemate between Ansar Al-Sharia and Benghazi Joint Security Room . . .[restrict](BJSR) over the former’s presence at Benghazi’s Jalaa Hospital has been found. Negotiations between the two sides now involving not only Benghazi Municipal Council and the local hospitals’ association but also the government, are deadlocked.

Awad Alqawiri, a member of both the new Benghazi Municipal Council and the hospitals association told the Libya Herald that Prime Minister Abdullah Al-Thinni and Cabinet Secretary Ahmed Al-Amin had been in contact with BJSR but that as of yet no resolution to the stand-off had been reached. Two days ago, in an open letter to the Minister of Health the manager of Jalaa hospital, Mohamed Bargarthi, asked the government to intervene to resolve the crisis.

Alqawiri said he had not personally been in contact with Ansar Al-Sharia, which took over guarding the hospital, but that he knew Abdullah Bin Trati, a member of Benghazi Crisis Committee, had begun talks with the city’s Revolutionary Shura Council of which Ansar is a part. He added that the deadlock could turn to catastrophe if fighting broke out, explaining that the Salmani district where Jalaa hospital is located was a densely populated residential area.

RELATED POSTS

Following mobilisation of forces around Tripoli, UNSMIL calls for peaceful dialogue and de-escalation: report and analysis

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

An Ansar group moved into the hospital and took over security there ten days ago after BJSR forces pulled out. Five days ago, the BSJR ordered the total evacuation of the hospital, threatening to remove staff and patients by force if necessary. The hospital said that it was not possible.

Head of Saiqa Special Forces Investigations Unit Fadel Al-Hassi has said that if it was required Saiqa would move in to protect Jalaa at the request of its doctors. However, no such request had been made.

[/restrict]

Related Posts

UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

Following mobilisation of forces around Tripoli, UNSMIL calls for peaceful dialogue and de-escalation: report and analysis

August 31, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Next Post

Tripoli’s Omar Mukhtar Street closed after kidnapping of Sufi imam

IMG pair freed after 15 day "spy" arrest in Beida

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Libyan German discussions include resumption of flights, opening of German Embassy’s visa section and economic and investment cooperation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Following mobilisation of forces around Tripoli, UNSMIL calls for peaceful dialogue and de-escalation: report and analysis

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.