No Result
View All Result
Sunday, November 30, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Reports of new fuel depot fire as threat of planned LROR attack against Warshefana looms

byMichel Cousins
August 12, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Reports of new fuel depot fire as threat of planned LROR attack against Warshefana looms

Camp 27 is now a complete ruin.

 

Smoke rising over Tripoli
Smoke rising over Tripoli

By Ajnadin Mustafa.

Tripoli, 11 August 2014:

Reports that the Brega Oil and Gas Marketing Company’’s fuel depot on the capital’s . . .[restrict]Airport Road had today again been attacked have been denied by the company’s spokesman, Fathi Al-Darhubi, speaking from Gharian. “The tanks were not hit today,” he told the Libya Herald, refuting claims from a Zintani source that they had again been targeted.

Only yesterday, two and a half weeks after they were first hit by missiles, was the fire finally extinguished – according to Darhubi, because all the petrol had been burned up.

RELATED POSTS

Zawia Refinery security taken over from militias by Libyan Army

Military operations launched in Zawia and surrounding areas ostensibly to fight crime – and possibly militias too

It latter transpired that the black smoke seen hanging over Tripoli as far as Janzour this afternoon, apparently coming from the direction of the fuel depot, in fact came from further away – from the airport’s fuel depot to the south of Tripoli International Airport. It was this that was hit, by missiles fired by unknown forces.

Meanwhile residents in Janzour said they feared renewed shelling tonight following the news that Libyan Revolutionaries Operation Room forces have been gathering in Zawia today ahead of a planned assault on the Warshefana in cooperation with the Fursan Janzour Brigade. As of late evening today, however, no action had started. Reports in Zawia speak of a seemingly uncoordinated force there awaiting further reinforcements.

In the Warshefana area, however, it is been claimed that a the peace deal with the Zawia, agreed three days ago, is holding. It had already resulted in an exchange of prisoners, a source said, adding that it had been mediated by Warfalla elders mainly from Bani Walid.

The latter agreed their own peace deal with Zawia in June.

In addition, the Warshefana are claiming to have captured Scud missiles when they took Camp 27 last week. A deputy commander of the Warshefana forces told this newspaper that there was no intention to use them and that they would be handed over to the army when there was an army able to receive them. However, in what appeared to be a thinly veiled threat,he noted that from Zahra and Azziziya they could hit Misrata.

For its part, Misrata is also thought to possess Scuds.

Camp 27 is now a complete ruin.
Camp 27 now a complete ruin after demolition by Warshefana forces over the weekend (Photo: Social media)

  [/restrict]

Tags: LibyawarshefanaZawia

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

November 28, 2025
“Beaches and marine life: Between investment and environmental conservation. Towards more sustainable eco-tourism” debate held in Tripoli
Libya

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

November 28, 2025
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention ordered of Director General and Director of Finance of Libyan Post, Telecoms and Information Technology Holding Co. for fund mismanagement

November 27, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Former Director of Long-Term Investment Portfolio’s Housing Company for Tourism and Hotel Investments to be detained for misappropriation of US$ 15 million

November 26, 2025
Next Post

Sixty-three Saiqa members killed and 200 wounded in July fighting

Chief of Staff's ceasefire orders ignored

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seventy percent of waste is recyclable and can earn money – councils must work with the private sector to solve their recycling problems

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Public Prosecutor’s Office initiates legal proceedings against members of criminal gang involved in organizing illegal migration by sea

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC chairman participates in expanded meeting on new fuel import mechanism through tender

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.