No Result
View All Result
Friday, August 29, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Libya Dawn accused of demolishing Warshefana homes

byMichel Cousins
September 11, 2014
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Libya Dawn accused of demolishing Warshefana homes

Photo of damaged Warshefana home (Photo: Social media)

By Libya Herald reporter.

Ph
Zawia forces checking a car on the coastal highway yesterday after they reopened it (Photo: Zawia Brigade Facebook page)

Tripoli, 11 September 2014:

Despite the government’s denunciation yesterday of the continuous shelling of the Warshefana area to the . . .[restrict]west of Tripoli by Libya Dawn forces and warnings from the UN that such action may constitute war crimes, there has been no let up in the attacks. There are reports of more people killed and injured today, but no figures have been disclosed as yet.

According to a member of the Warshefana Crisis Committee’s media office ­– in a move reminiscent of what happened to Tawergha – forces that are part of the Libya Dawn operation have now also started bulldozing homes in the district.

The claims cannot be verified.

RELATED POSTS

Zawia Refinery security taken over from militias by Libyan Army

Military operations launched in Zawia and surrounding areas ostensibly to fight crime – and possibly militias too

Photo of damaged Warshefana home (Photo: Social media)
A destroyed Warshefana home (Photo: Social media)

In a further development, a leading Warshefana commander told the Libya Herald that there had been fierce clashes today with Zawia forces on the coast road and that a Zawia commander had been killed. Again, it is not possible to verify the claim nor another that the Warshefana are again in control of the Camp 27 area.

Yesterday, Operation Dawn said it had reopened the road.

Meanwhile, residents living in the western end of Janzour, near the Seyed area, are reported to have been evacuated two days ago because of the danger of missile strikes. According to one resident who fled to Tunisia earlier this week to escape the attacks, the evacuation was organised by the Warshefana after the death of 12 Warshefana residents in one day.

In a related move, Warshefana and Nalut have agreed to a prisoner exchange as a first step towards a peace agreement between the two places. [/restrict]

Tags: featuredLibyawarshefanaZawia

Related Posts

GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

Libyans still need visas to travel to China

August 27, 2025
NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port
Libya

NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

August 26, 2025
EUBAM delivers first aid medical equipment to Border Guards and Interior Ministry
Libya

EUBAM trains 30 Drugs Control Agency and Customs Authority officers in advanced hand-held x-ray scanners

August 26, 2025
Next Post

HoR sacks ambassadors to Turkey and Jordan

Air Malta adds additional weekly Malta-Djerba flight

Air Malta adds additional weekly Malta-Djerba flight

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Medsky Airways adds a second Airbus 320 to its fleet

    Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • UNSMIL head Tetteh proposed new sequenced Roadmap includes parliamentary and presidential elections and a new unified government

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Aldabaiba broadly welcomes Tetteh’s new political Roadmap

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libyan German discussions include resumption of flights, opening of German Embassy’s visa section and economic and investment cooperation

Acting Minister of Oil and Gas Khalifa Abdel Sadig and US Chargé d’affaires Berndt discussions include developing oil sector

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.