No Result
View All Result
Friday, August 29, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Thinni government: Army and youth of Benghazi removing dens of terrorism

byCallum Paton
October 30, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Adam Ali and Noora Ibrahim.

Benghazi, 30 October:

The government has said the Libyan National Army (LNA) and the . . .[restrict]youth of Benghazi are “removing areas and dens of terrorism” as fighting in the centre of the city continues into its second day.

The internationally-recognised government said extremists in the city had “terrorised the people, wreaked havoc, killed, kidnapped, and carried out destructive operations, shedding the blood of Libyans”. It said the “men of the army, police, activists and journalists as well as unarmed civilians“, had been targeted by Islamist groups.

Fighting has continued today in the the districts of Hadaiq, Salmani, Sabri, Sidi Mansour and Al-Jalaa after yesterday pro-government forces began an assault on the heart of the city. Clashes have been ongoing also in Garyounis between 17 February Brigade and 204 Tank Battalion.

RELATED POSTS

Libya’s Tika Construction Chemicals company exports another shipment of its Xtreme porcelain tile adhesive and grouting materials to Grenada

“Made in Libya” exhibition to be held in Benghazi from 10 to 13 August

Residents have reported that they are terrified by the ferocious fighting, some of the heaviest in the city in recent months, as missiles fall on residential areas. In the Hadaiq district, a family miraculously survived a direct hit from a shell as they were driving.

The clashes show little sign of abating with reports that LNA reinforcements of 148 Infantry Battalion from Ajdabia have positioned themselves on the outskirts of Benghazi.

In Ajdabia itself a suicide bomber attacked an army checkpoint on the outskirts of the town. Residents told the Libya Herald that the explosion killed only the bomber. His truck, loaded with explosives, reportedly detonated some 100 metres way from the Sidi Ati entrance to the east of the town.

Those killed in a rocket strike on a funeral gathering in Majouri in Benghazi yesterday have been identified as Mohamed Maghrabi, Adel Ramadan Al-Basar, Embarak Ali Embarak, Salem Al-Fallah, Khaled Yousef Sherif, Faraj Mohmed Al-Magrabi, Saleh Erhaim.

It is believed that the six individuals were killed after Mohammed Hejazi the spokesman for Operation Dignity briefly attended the gathering. The subsequent rocket attacks seemed to have been intended for him.

[/restrict]

Tags: BenghaziclashesgovernmentLibyaThinni

Related Posts

Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

Libyans still need visas to travel to China

August 27, 2025
Next Post

Egyptians want to return to Libya, money trumping any fears

Egypt stands ready to support Libya says Sisi

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Medsky Airways adds a second Airbus 320 to its fleet

    Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ministry of Planning launches Libya 2050 Vision

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • UNSMIL head Tetteh proposed new sequenced Roadmap includes parliamentary and presidential elections and a new unified government

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.