No Result
View All Result
Sunday, August 31, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

UPDATE: Explosion at Tripoli’s Corinthia hotel – deaths, injuries, hostages unconfirmed.

bySami Zaptia
January 27, 2015
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

Libya Herald reporter:

Malta, 27 January, 2015:

There has been an explosion this morning at Tripoli’s Corinthia hotel with initial reports saying that . . .[restrict]some of the hotel’s security personel have been killed. A source known to Libya Herald said that the ”whole building shook”.

Smoke could be clearly seen from a distance billowing from the Corithia hotel entrance or car park.

Early and unconfirmed reports suggest that the explosive device may have been placed in a car in the hotel’s car park which caused damage to the hotel’s entrance and some cars.

RELATED POSTS

REAoL and Total Energies discuss implementing Corinthia Hotel car park solar energy project

Libya’s Internal Security Service reveals capture of IS member involved in Corinthia hotel terror attack

The power supply to the hotel has also been reported as lost, and it is not clear if that was caused by the explosion or by the perpetrators. The hotel is known to have a generator.

Libya’s official Al-Wataniya TV channel has reported that the official spokesperson for Tripoli’s Joint Security Room, Isam Naas, has said that one of the perpetrators of the attack has been arrested.

Elsewhere, Naas was quoted as saying that three suspected perpetrators were surrounded inside the hotel.

Reports that the perpetrators are holding hostages are unconfirmed and the early reports that some of these hostages are VIPs, non-Libyan nationals or are diplomats – are still unconfirmed.

It is also reported that three filipino workers in the hotel had been injured.

There is at this point also no confirmation social network news that the incident was a suicide mission.

A source has confirmed to this paper that Dat il Imad and Tripoli Tower were evacuated.

A friend of this publication who works in the very nearby Dat Il Imad office complex, told Libya Herald that ‘’At first I thought it was in our building because it shook so badly’’. He confirmed that Dat Il Imad was immediately evacuated.

The friend who asked not to be identified and was safely at home when talking to Libya Herald, said that it there was a sudden rush by employees working in the area to get home. ‘‘It took a while. There was lots of traffic, obviously with everyone trying to get home’’.

He added that he was very surprised that there was absolutely ‘’no security at all coming into work today’’ to Dat Il Imad.

‘’One would think with these threats going round they would think to place police cars and not allow people to park near buildings’’, he added referring to the reported threats against the Dat Il Imad complex a few days ago.

More details to follow.

  [/restrict]

Tags: Corinthia Hotelexplosion

Related Posts

Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

Libyans still need visas to travel to China

August 27, 2025
Next Post
UPDATE: Corinthia Hotel attack

UPDATE: Corinthia Hotel attack

United States reiterates it does not recognize GNC and its Tripoli Hassi government

United States reiterates it does not recognize GNC and its Tripoli Hassi government

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ministry of Planning launches Libya 2050 Vision

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.