No Result
View All Result
Friday, August 29, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

HoR members slam IS truck bomb attack on Misratans

byNigel Ash
May 21, 2015
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Libya Herald reporters.

The blackened bridge at the Sadadah checkpoint (Photo: social media)
The blackened bridge this morning at the Sadadah checkpoint (Photo: social media)

Tripoli, 5 April 2015:

Even as IS claimed responsibility for this morning’s suicide truck bombing of a Misratan checkpoint, . . .[restrict]condemnation of the attack came from members of the House of Representatives, in what some are interpreting as an olive branch to Misrata, the senior partner in the Libya Dawn antigovernment movement.

The HoR members condemned the attack in which six people died including two children. Their letter went on to offer condolences to the families of the victims.  Pictures showed the blackened bridge and wrecked roadway where the truck’s load of explosives was detonated at the Sadadah check point to the east of Misrata.

The president of the rump GNC, Nuri Abu Sahmain, also denounced the truck bombing which he said had been carried out by unknown attackers.

RELATED POSTS

LAIP stalled Misrata cement factory committee meets to move the project forward

Following Qatari Elegancia’s contract: Audit Bureau stresses effective management of public funds, optimal use of management contracts‎

In Misrata itself there was a demonstration that reportedly called for a “final battle to uproot IS and ex-regime followers in Sirte”. The protestors also called for Libya Dawn to defeat the “Tribes’ Army” – Libyan National Army – in the west and urged the international community to stop Libyan Air Force raids, which they said hit only civilian targets.

Overnight, commanders of the Misratan 166 Battlion tasked with driving IS out of Sirte warned people living near positions held by the terrorists to move away.  A spokesman for the battalion, Khalid Abu Jazeya, was quoted by the Tripoli-based news agency LANA as saying that a curfew had been imposed on Sirte and its suburbs, to run between 10pm and 6am. Jazeya asked locals to observe the lockdown. [/restrict]

Tags: featuredHoR condemnsLibyaMisrataSadadahtruck bombing

Related Posts

GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

Libyans still need visas to travel to China

August 27, 2025
NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port
Libya

NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

August 26, 2025
EUBAM delivers first aid medical equipment to Border Guards and Interior Ministry
Libya

EUBAM trains 30 Drugs Control Agency and Customs Authority officers in advanced hand-held x-ray scanners

August 26, 2025
Next Post

Italians rescue 1,500 migrants in less than 24 hours

Anyone who has evidence of government corruption should come forward with it: Prime Minister Thinni

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Medsky Airways adds a second Airbus 320 to its fleet

    Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • UNSMIL head Tetteh proposed new sequenced Roadmap includes parliamentary and presidential elections and a new unified government

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Aldabaiba broadly welcomes Tetteh’s new political Roadmap

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libyan German discussions include resumption of flights, opening of German Embassy’s visa section and economic and investment cooperation

Acting Minister of Oil and Gas Khalifa Abdel Sadig and US Chargé d’affaires Berndt discussions include developing oil sector

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.