No Result
View All Result
Friday, August 29, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

UNSMIL condemns Dafniya Gate attack as Misrata bans all foreigners

byNigel Ash
July 6, 2015
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Libya Herald Reporters.

Workers clean the ground after a suicide car bomber blew himself up at a checkpoint in Dafniya outside Mistrata
Clearing up after Sunday’s Misrata deadly suicide bombing (Photo: social media)

Tripoli, 2 June 2015:

Rising security fears after Sunday’s suicide bomb attack have prompted Misrata to impose a ban . . .[restrict]on foreigners entering the town.

From now on, no foreigner will permitted through the checkpoints ringing the town, unless they have valid residence and a local sponsor.  It was unclear how the authorities planned to  deal with any foreign workers in Misrata who may not have valid papers.

The ban has come from the town’s Military Council and follows the attack on the Dafniya check point in which six people were killed. The bombing was claimed by IS which said that a Tunisian member was responsible

RELATED POSTS

UNSMIL head Tetteh proposed new sequenced Roadmap includes parliamentary and presidential elections and a new unified government

UNSMIL announces results of online survey to be used as a guide to proposing initiative to break Libya’s political deadlock

A source in Misrata said that local commanders had been alarmed that the assault had been made on the western entry to the town.
In April, six people were killed and 21 injured when a suicide car bomb was detonated at the Sadada checkpoint in the east of the town, on the road tfrom Sirte which is now fully in IS hands. Misrata’s third main checkpoint is to the south at Dufan.

The United Nations Support Mission in Libya, used Sunday’s attack to urge once more both sides in the conflict to form a unity government as soon as possible. Condemning the bombing, UNSMIL said it was another attempt to derail the peace process. It also said that Libyans should realise “the  growing danger of the Islamic State to their country and their way of life”. Only an inclusive government could combat the “scourge of terrorism” effectively and prevent terror groups from expanding their reach in Libya.

 

LCDF support banner [/restrict]

Tags: ban on foreignersDafniyafeaturedLibyaMisrataUNSMIL

Related Posts

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

Libyans still need visas to travel to China

August 27, 2025
NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port
Libya

NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

August 26, 2025
Next Post

Thinni government spent just LD 1.5 bn bank loan in eight months in office

Tight security at police cadet graduation

Tight security at police cadet graduation

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Medsky Airways adds a second Airbus 320 to its fleet

    Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • UNSMIL head Tetteh proposed new sequenced Roadmap includes parliamentary and presidential elections and a new unified government

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ministry of Planning launches Libya 2050 Vision

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

Libyan German discussions include resumption of flights, opening of German Embassy’s visa section and economic and investment cooperation

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.