No Result
View All Result
Sunday, August 31, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Aviation

Libya works to meet EU aviation demands

byNigel Ash
December 11, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

Tripoli , March 29 2012:

The Libyan government has produced a notably low key response to what amounts to an EU ban on aircraft . . .[restrict]from Libyan Airlines and Afriqiyah Airways from entering European airspace

Transport Ministry under-secretary Fawzi Bitamr said yesterday that in persuading the Libyan Civil Aviation Authority to stop Libyan aircraft movements into Europe, the European Commission had been acting in accordance with the International Civil Aviation Organisation rules on flight safety and airport security. Libya is one of the 186 countries that has signed up to the ICAO charter.

“The ministry is working hard to fully normalise the transportation sector, as a first goal of its contribution to achieve stability to the Libyan state during the transition period,” said Bitamr, “ and prepare a road map for governments to come, in areas such as aircraft maintenance, the provision of spare parts and the necessary service and maintenance of airports after the damage they have sustained.”

The under-secretary indicated that despite its best efforts, the Libyan Civil Aviation Organisation has been overwhelmed by safety and security demands. Not only was the certification of key flight deck and maintenance personnel out of date, but Brussels had serious concerns about the quality of security checks in major airports, which until recently were not under the full control of the government.

RELATED POSTS

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

Bitamr said the coming week’s cabinet meeting would be asked to set aside a budget to address the concerns of Brussels and bring order and co-ordination to the current dislocations in civil aviation.

He emphasised that the EU decision should not be taken as a ban in the strictest sense: “It is only to prevent Libyan airplanes  from landing in European airports because we failed to comply with the requirements of the EU. This does not mean that requirements of European Union are the same as requirements of the rest of the world.” [/restrict]

Related Posts

Aviation

Libyan passenger arrested following incident on Tunis flight

August 15, 2013
Aviation

Tunis Air opens a new office at Labraq International Aiport

June 19, 2013
Aviation

Sick passenger prompts Cairo emergency landing for Afriqiyah flight

June 10, 2012
Aviation

Libya looks to Jordan for airline training

March 28, 2012
Aviation

Libya Herald Exclusive: All Libyan airliners banned from Europe at EU request

March 26, 2012
Austrian Airlines flies in
Aviation

Austrian Airlines flies in

March 27, 2012
Next Post
Benghazi military judge reported to have resigned after protests

Benghazi military judge reported to have resigned after protests

More die in Sebha despite ceasefire

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ministry of Planning launches Libya 2050 Vision

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.