Integrated Solid Waste Management Project
Call For Expression of Interest
The Libyan Transitional Government invites companies specializing in Urban . . .[restrict]Cleaning and Waste Management to submit a letter of interest , company profile and requested information to participate in the bidding process for the implementation of the “ Integrated Solid Waste Management Project (ISWMP) “ The ISWMP is offered as BOT “ (Build, Operate and Transfer) project . Presented here-in is a brief description of the project particulars :
A . Scope of the project :
The ISWMP covers all populated centers in the country and includes all types of solid waste .
- 1. The project includes but not limited to the following cities : Tubruk , Derna, Albyda , Elmarj, Benghazi, Alwahat, Ejdabia ,Kufra,Sabha , Obari, Murzuk, Sirt, Baniwaled , Misrata , Zlytin, khoms , Elgusbat,Tripoli , Tarhuna, Gharyan, Elasabah, Yefren, Jadu, Elgalaa, Ezentan, Nalut, Gaserben ghesheer , Zawia , Surman, Sabratah and Zwara.
- The estimated amount of solid waste generated is (6000) tons per day . These include :
- Residential waste; All waste produced from single family homes. apartment buildings and residential houses.
- Commercial waste : This includes waste produced from houses of worship, shops and shopping malls, public markets, grocery stores, public and private offices, Government bindings, hotels, universities and institutions , coffee shops,restaurants , slaughter houses , public squares, public events , city streets and roads, public gardens and parks, and public beaches .
- Medical Waste :All waste materials generated at health care facilities, such as hospitals , clinics , physicians offices, dental practices , blood banks and veterinary hospitals and clinics as well as medical research facilities and laboratories .
- Industrial and Hazardous Chemicals waste: This includes pesticides , medicine and other pharmaceuticals , paints , dying materials and all industrial waste products .
- e. Electronic and Electrical Waste : Including batteries , light bulbs and all other electrical and electronic appliances instruments and components .
B.Scope of Integrated Waste Management System:
As an integrated waste management system the project focuses on many issues of waste ,including refuse , recycling , composting , reuse and reduce of bulky waste , electronic waste ,residential waste , commercial waste , medical waste and hazardous waste . The system employs several waste control , treatment and disposal methods such as at the source separation , reuse , recycling , sterilization and landfilling to minimize the environmental and health impacts of waste . Integrated waste management is flexible and adapts to various changes that may occur in technology , the environment and waste features over time . It is based on national and regional planning policies established to create economic value from waste .
C. Scope of Infrastructure :
The project infrastructure includes the following :
- Design and construction of at least 3 new major sanitary full- service landfills in the main population clusters of the country ( Tripoli , Benghazi and Misrata ). These landfills to contain;
- Residential and commercial waste weighing, receiving, sorting and Processing center;
- Medical waste receiving, treatment and processing center;
- Industrial waste receiving and disposal center
- Electronic and electric waste receiving, sorting and processing center;
- Compost production center;
- Final waste disposal area (landfill) together with leachate and gas extraction and treatment facilities.
- 2. Construction of new or up-grade existing landfills in other cities out side of the main population clusters . These include : Sabha , Tubruk .Kufra and Al wahat .
- Construction of modern Waste Transfer stations .
- Construction of repair shops and service stations .
- Administration buildings .
D.Scope Of Operation Equipments and tools :
The project concerns with many issues of waste with different demands for equipments and tools . These include :
1. Waste collection vehicles of various sizes and purposes
2.Street sweeping and washing vehicles of various sizes .
- Beach cleaning vehicles and equipments .
- Waste transport boxed trailers and trucks
- Waste separation and sorting equipments and Machinery.
- Medical waste collection and transport vehicles .
- Industrial and hazardous chemicals collection and transport vehicles .
- Waste treatment equipments and machinery .
- Landfill operations equipments and tools .
10.Waste dumpsters and trash bins .
E.Scope of Services :
Integrated waste management deals with many services and operations including :
- Sweeping , washing and cleaning of city streets , public squares and beaches .
- Sorting , recycling and composting .
- Waste collection , removal and transport .
- Waste treatment and disposal .
F. Scope of “ BOT”
BOT ( Build , operate and transfer ) as a contracting approach convies much of the project responsibilities from the owner to the contracting company. The contracting company bears responsibility for financing , design , build, operate and manage the project . The contract period offered for this project is ten (10) years at the end of the contract period the project becomes fully and unconditionally owned by the Libyan Government .
Information requested from interested companies :
Company profile including experience in urban cleaning and waste management . Location , size and number of waste management projects the company is operating or has operated in the past . The company ability to implement the BOT project . The company financial position and the annual turnover . The company technical staff involved in design , build , operating and supervision of projects , The monetary value of the largest three projects the company has undertaken in the last five years plus a one page brief description of other information the company sees important and relevant to this project .
A limited tender process will be conducted upon establishing a short list of candidates .
Last day for receiving the letter of interest and the company information is Thursday 31/7/2012 at the 14;00 hour Tripoli local time .
Please forward all Correspondence to the address below or the Email .
Address : Prime Ministry Building / Asseka road / Tripoli , Libya
Phone : 218 21 361 98 09 .
Fax : 218 21 361 98 09 .
Email : [email protected] [/restrict]