Here is a letter I wrote to the Libyan election organization in the USA (Libya . . .[restrict]OCV USA):
Libya OCV USA
I am writing to you to voice my dismay and utter anger at the process you are leading called “Libyan Out-of-Country Voting Program “. This process doesn’t meet the minimum international electoral standards. Your decision to hold one polling station in the DC area and not allow Libyans living outside DC (the great majority may I add) mail-in or email voting is unforgivable. Your process as it stands amounts to:
1. keeping potential voters away from the polls.
2. Diminishing (instead of enhancing) electoral participation.
3. Depressing the turnout of eligible voters.
4. Discriminating against the majority of eligible American Libyan citizen who live outside DC but do not have the financial means to travel in order to cast their vote (FYI: it will cost ~$1000 for a Californian to participate in this fraudulent process. Make that ~ $5000 for an average family of five to six persons!!!!!!!!!).
5. Disfranchisement of most of Libyan American.
6. Depriving of the rights of citizenship of Libyan Americans.
Remember that most of us have been denied the right of vote throughout our lives and hence we have been yearning and looking forward to this day were all Libyans can and should participate in electing their political representatives.
However, Instead of being joyful at this historical electoral event, we find ourselves saddened to be disfranchised again. Luckily, this time not through the gun but rather through a fraudulent process that has been thrown at us with very little regard to our rights.
Dr. Gaddoor Saidi
Huntington Beach, California