By Hadi Fornaji.
Tripoli, 4 August:
Families have have leaving Mizdah after an attack on a military base in the town on Friday . . .[restrict]which left five people dead. Residents say they fear further fighting.
The attack took place on Friday morning at an armoured patrol unit centre where a number of illegal immigants were reportedly being detained.
The identity of the attackers has not been revealed, although it is being claimed that they included illegal migrants intent of liberating their colleagues and others involved in the human smuggling business.
They were confronted by members of the Mizdah Liberation Brigade which is part of Al-Qaqaa Battalion, itself now part of the national army.
According to sources in Mizdah one of the member of the brigade, a guard named as Muhamed Ahmed Madani, was killed in the fighting. Four of the attackers were also said to have been killed.
Mizdah has been the scene of a number of deadly clashes recently between between the Mashashia tribe and forces from Zintan. In fighting in June between the two, the government said that 105 people had been killed.