By Ashraf Abdul Wahab.
Tripoli, 12 December:
Reports that unidentified bodies and money have been found at the Yarmouk camp in Tripoli have . . .[restrict]been denied by an interior ministry official, Fawzi Falaq.
He said that no bodies nor any money had been found when security agencies started excavating the site in response to such reports.
It was reported that excavations had carried on until Monday and that the digging was up to two metres deep. Sources claimed that despite the absence of any bodies, blood-stained clothes and blankets were found.
The camp, on the south side of Tripoli in the Khaled Al-Farjan area, on the road to Qasr Ben Ghashir, was reportedly the scene of a massacre in August 2011 in which the Khamis Brigade is said to have burned between 60 and 70 people alive.
One eyewitness, living near the camp, had said that there had been intermittent digging at the camp and bodies were found each time and removed. [/restrict]