The General National Congress has named members of the committee appointed to prepare the draft law on electing the 60-member Constitutional . . .[restrict]Commission.
The members are:
- Sulaiman Faraj Awad Zubi (GNC member, chairman(
- Shaban Ali Issa Abu-Sitta (GNC member)
- Mohamed Abdalla Tumi (GNC member)
- Atteya Abdel-Rahman Abdel-Raziq
- Abdel-Rahman Sennousi Micka’eel
- Saad Ehmida Faraj
- Naeima Jibril
- Abu-Bakr Ali Maaraf
- Mohamed Abdalla Lagha
- Amina Ali Ghuwail
- Emhemed Aqil Al-Barbar
- Khadija Abdel-Kareem Barka
- Ramadan Ibrahim Abu-Ghaliya
- Salim Mohamed Kishlaf
- Assadiq Abu-Aysha Saad Kshir
- Abdel-Rahman Hassan Mukhtar Salim
- Mustafa Issa Landi
- Mohamed Ahmed Alkhir Embarak
Organising rules for elections is not new for Zubi. The retired court judge, who was elected as an independent Congressman for Benghazi last July, earlier shot to when he organized the city’s local elections a year ago.
The drafting committee has been told that its draft law should be ready for the GNC to debate within 45 days.
This committee may co-opt any experts or consultants it chooses. [/restrict]