The CV of the new Interior Minster presented to Congress has been released and is here translated by Ahmed Elumami.
Name: . . .[restrict]Mohamed Khalifa Al-Sheikh
Date of Birth: 15 December 1956
Place of Birth: Tripoli, Libya.
Graduated from Police Officers College of Tripoli 4th group in 1979.
- He joined the Armed Forces under a decision of Qaddafi in 1981 with the rest of the police groups and worked in some of the Armed Forces sectors.
- He was returned with some of the officers to the Police Authority in July 1987.
- He worked in police stations and as an administrator of Statistics and Information in Tripoli Security Directorate from 1990-1997.
- He worked as a lecturer at the Police College.
- He was a founding member and as an administrator at the Center for Research and Security Studies at the Academy of Security Sciences from 1997 to 2003, when the center has been cancelled.
- He served as the head of the Office of Research and Studies at the center of judicial experience and research until the outbreak of the revolution of liberation.
- After the liberation of Tripoli, he joined the Interior Minister and participated with his colleagues of the police authority by documenting corrupt police officials and clamping down on corruption in the ministry.
- He was commissioned by the former Interior Minister Ahmad Al-Tharat to head the operations room at the Ministry of Interior following the liberation of Tripoli and the transmission of the interim government to it.
- On 21 January 2012 he was appointed as Director General of the General Administration for Information Security at the Interior Ministry until his dismissal for reasons related to his work and performance.
- He was commissioned as an adviser to General National Congress on security affairs to the present time.
- Leaders Course organised by the Academy of Sciences, and he was the fifth out of 200 officers.
- Crisis Management Course organised by the National Institute of Management.
- Administartion Course in the description of the job description.
- Training Courses in the areas of military science and security during three decades and a half of his career.