Fire on GNC premises caused by electric fault

Tripoli, 6 August 2013:

The General National Congress (GNC) has quashed rumours that a fire in a temporary building on its premises yesterday was arson.

“The fire was caused by a short circuit,” said the GNC in a statement on its official Facebook page, which denied other rumours about the cause of the blaze.

The fire broke out yesterday afternoon in a temporary building near the GNC offices, which was being used by security guards.

No one was injured in the fire, which was extinguished by fire fighters and some guards who were already on the premises. The . . .

This article is only available to subscribers. Please login or subscribe.