By Seraj Essul.
Tripoli, 8 November 2013:
With something bordering on exasperation, an Al-Ahly executive has today denied Cairo media reports that the . . .[restrict]football team’s newly-returned Egyptian coach, has quit again.
Al-Ahly board member Muhammed Balta told the Libya Herald today: “Our coach, Hossam Al-Badri is still with the team and took a training session today. He only got back from Egypt last Friday and there is no reason for him to leave”.
Badri quit Libya last month after his home was fired on in a drive-by shooting. Two days later, Al-Ahly player Mohamed Al-Maghrabi was shot in the arm. Badri’s return to Egypt coincided with Al-Ahly’s decision to protest the attacks, by suspending , albeit briefly, its participation in the Libyan League, where it is in Group B.
Balta said that Maghrabi was not training with the team today but was still at home recovering from his injury.
Al-Ahly’s next match is on Sunday when it meets Benghazi’s Al-Nasser. [/restrict]