Tripoli, 3 November 2013:
The Libyan Economy Conference; between analyzing reality and mechanisms of development, will be held in Benghazi from 14-16 . . .[restrict]December at the Islamic Call Society Complex.
The conference is jointly organized by civil society organizations in Benghazi and under the scientific directions of the Research and Consulting Center of the University of Benghazi. It is also sponsored by the General National Congress, the Office of the Prime Ministry and the Ministry of Economy.
Organisers say that the conference aims at realizing the following objectives:
- Assessing the economic and political reality in Libya.
- Highlighting the importance of governmental performance and effectiveness in supporting economic development.
- Highlighting the importance of governmental planning in the country’s economic activity.
- Defining the identity of the Libyan Economy and the limits of the state’s role in economic activity.
- Evaluating the legislation regulating economic activity and its compatibility with Libyan economic reality.
- Highlighting the importance of Islamic legislation in regulating economic activity.
The organisers also inform that the topics that will be discussed will include:
- Development indicators in the Libya economy.
- The structure of the Libya economy.
- Demographics and the labour market.
- The role of the state (government institutions) in achieving development and economic growth.
- Political stability and its role in creating a proper economic environment.
- Efficiency in the management of public funds.
- The role of private enterprise in development and in economic growth.
For more information see: http://www.lec.com.ly/index.php/en/ [/restrict]