By Ashraf Abdul Wahab.
Tripoli, 1 March 2014:
The Moroccan embassy in Tripoli’s Nufleen district was targeted by gunmen in the early hours . . .[restrict]of Friday morning.
An embassy employee said that no-one was injured in the attack, although the building came under what he described as “heavy fire.” The incident had been reported to the Libyan authorities, who had launched an investigation into the attack, he said.
The embassy official said the motives remained unclear but added that he did not think there was any link between the shooting and the recent announcement that Libyans would need visas to travel to Morocco.
The incident would in no way affect the friendship and close ties the two countries shared, he added. [/restrict]