By Noora Ibrahim.
Benghazi, 20 April 2014:
Benghazi University student, Mohammed Bin Issa Al-Sharis, who was kidnapped on 8 April has been . . .[restrict]reunited with his family after a ransom was paid.
The kidnappers had demanded LD 1 million but settled for LD 150,000 after his father said that he did not have a million, a family member told the Libya Herald.
Al-Sharis was seized on Venicia Street by gunmen who approached him in four separate cars. He was released on Thursday.
LD 150,000 appears to have become the accepted settlement figure in recent kidnappings. At the end of last month, kidnappers of Mohamed Al-Salheen, the manager of the Bank of North Africa in Obari was released after kidnappers who had demanded LD 600,000 accepted LD 150,000
There were two other recent kidnappings where the victims were released after bargaining brought the ransom down to the same figure. In both cases those involved did not want it known that a ransom had been paid. [/restrict]