By Libya Herald staff.
Tripoli, 27 July 2014:
State-owned Libya Telecom & Technology (LTT) has denied rumours that it had cut internet service or . . .[restrict]blocked social networking sites this past week.
In a statement yesterday on the company’s official website, it said that the rumours were false and that the reason for the disruption was the power cuts around the country.
Not only did different regions all around Libya suffer power outages, the statement said, but Tripoli lost power for nine consecutive hours on Saturday, as well as several hours at a time throughout last week. The company had generators but because of the fuel shortage it was unable to run them, the statement also said. [/restrict]