Six huge . . .[restrict]bombs discovered in three cars in Tripoli’s Salaheddin district were defused yesterday by the Counter Criminal Agency.
Investigators said the bombs which weighed 200 kilos each would have caused significant human and material losses had they been detonated. They were said to have been found by Qaaqaa’s border patrol guards who spotted the three abandoned, unmarked Opel cars containing the bombs, two each, near their headquarters at Salaheddin’s Gypsum Gate.
The detonation devices, which have since been dismantled by bomb disposal experts under the direction of the Ministry of Interior, were remote controlled.
Two car bombs exploded not far from the same Qaaqaa headquarters in the early hours of Sunday morning, just before the first clashes began at Tripoli International Airport.
The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.