By Noora Ibrahim.
Benghazi, 11 August 2014:
Ships attempting to enter Benghazi Port will be attacked by Operation Dignity, regardless of . . .[restrict]orders to the contrary by Benghazi Municipal Council or the government, the head of Operation Dignity air force has said.
Air Force Brigadier-General Saqr Adam Geroushi told the Libya Herald that the decision by the municipal council had put the lives of the port’s workers at risk. The city council decided yesterday that the port would remain open for business despite an order by Dignity forces that it close. The Minisrty of Interior later confirmed that it had been kept open
Geroushi said Operation Dignity would deliver on its promise to attack any ships entering the port as it sought to stop the resupplying by sea of weapons and troops to Islamist brigades in the city. He claimed the reinforcements were arriving to Benghazi form the ports of Mirsata, Ras Lanuf and Derna.
On Saturday the spokesman for Operation Dignity Mohamed Hejazi said all shipping to and from Derna and Misrata would also be fired upon.
It is reported that today Operation Dignity carried out its threat as far as Derna is concerned and bombed its Port.
Operation Dignity has said all marine traffic into Benghazi should be redirected to its stronghold of Tobruk.