No Result
View All Result
Friday, August 29, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

HoR says Operation Dignity under National Army

byNewsdesk1
November 17, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Libya Herald staff.

Tripoli, 17 November 2014:

The House of Representatives (HoR) has again confirmed that it has legitimised Khalifa Hafter’s Operation . . .[restrict]Dignity and that it operates under the Chief of Staff Major-General Abdul Razzaq Nazhuri.

The HoR has in fact been formally allied with Operation Dignity since August when it appointed Nazhuri, one of  Hafter’s deputies, as Chief of Staff.

The appointment of Nazhuri was seen as controversial at the time. From Marj, Nazhuri was one of seven candidates considered for the post by the House of Representatives. Khalifa Hafter was not on the list because of concerns about his past and that he would be too divisive.

RELATED POSTS

UNSMIL expresses concern over mobilisation of forces by Hafter and anti-Hafter forces

UNSMIL statement on unified Derna reconstruction process receives support from leading states

In a statement released on Sunday, the government said that the war it was fighting was a “war on terrorism, not only on behalf of (the Libyan) people, but for the free world, human values, and principles of true religion”.

The statement went on to say that the government was “looking to the international community” for acknowledgement of the difficult situation it has found itself in in its battle against terrorism on Libyan soil, but insisted that it would not allow any foreign intervention.

Reaffirming its absolute support of the Chief of Staff and the national army, the government also said that it was committed to seeing the approval of the Libyan constitution through a referendum, and state institutions built up. Once the constitution had been established, it would ensure a peaceful transfer of power to an elected parliament, the HoR said.

The HoR has repeatedly said that it is opposed to foreign intervention in Libyan affairs, yet it has earnestly sought “support” from the international community. This is seen as an appeal to legal action, such as sanctions, even blockades of ports, by the international community.

Both the United Nations and the United States have said that they are considering placing sanctions on “terrorist” groups and individuals, but this has not yet happened.  The UN’s Special envoy, Bernardino Leon, is reported to have given himself until the end of the year to try and get dialogue going.  It if does not happen by then it is thought that will be the point at which sanctions are imposed on those seen blocking a resolution to the country’s political divisions. [/restrict]

Tags: Abdul Razzaq Al-NazhuriHoRKhalifa HafterLibyaoperation dignitysanctionsterrorismUNUSA

Related Posts

Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

Libyans still need visas to travel to China

August 27, 2025
Next Post

Malta dismisses rumours of moving embassy to Tobruk

Defendants held in Misrata transferred to Tripoli for court hearing

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Medsky Airways adds a second Airbus 320 to its fleet

    Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • UNSMIL head Tetteh proposed new sequenced Roadmap includes parliamentary and presidential elections and a new unified government

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ministry of Planning launches Libya 2050 Vision

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.