By Libya Herald staff.
Tripoli, 21 May 2015:
Two guards from Misrata were killed and three others injured early this morning, Thursday, when a suicide . . .[restrict]bomber blew himself up at a checkpoint some 60 kilometres south of the city. The checkpoint, on the main highway south, past Tawergha, heading towards Sirte, at the junction with the road to Bani Walid, is known as Buwabat Siteen (Checkpoint 60).
The Islamic State (IS) says it carried out the attack, posting photos of the bomber who it said was Sudanese and named as Abu Abdullah – as with all IS operatives, a nickname. It threatened more attacks against the Misratans, calling them “apostates”.
(It was originally reported that only one guard had been killed in today’s attack.) [/restrict]