No Result
View All Result
Monday, December 1, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Tunisia says its tourist killers trained in Libya

byNigel Ash
July 1, 2015
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Tunisia says its tourist killers trained in Libya

By Libya Herald resorters.

stream_img
tunisians say Sousse killer Seifeddibe Rezgui trained in Libya

Tunis, 30 June 2015:

Libya has been linked to the Sousse beach resort massacre and the March slaughter at . . .[restrict]the Bardo Museum in Tunis which in all, slayed 61 people. The Tunisian Interior Ministry today claimed that all the terrorists involved had trained near Sabratha.

A senior Tunisian security official Rafik Chelli told Associated Press that Seifeddibe Rezgui, the gunman who carried out Friday’s Sousse attack, in which 39 people, mostly tourists died, had trained at a terrorist camp at Al-Ajaylat, on the outskirts of Sabratha.

In its initial response to the Sousse attack, Tunisian sources had claimed there was no evidence that Rezgui had ever left the country. The suggestion was that he had been radicalised at a local mosque and during his geography or aviation studies (reports vary) at Kairouan university.

RELATED POSTS

Misrata Chamber visits Sousse 10 to 13 May – signs cooperation agreement

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

However,the new claim that he and the two Bardo attackers had been trained and picked up their weapons in Libya chimes with the reality that a significant number the foreign of IS and Ansar Al-Sharia members is Tunisian.

Sabratha was the scene last January of the beach murder of a British oil worker and a female companion from New Zealand. The attack was at first blamed on local Islamists outraged at what they took to be a close relationship between a couple who were not married. Subsequent information blamed the crime on Ansar.

British oil worker Mark De Salis, whose body was found on a nearby beach together with his New Zealand girlfriend, Lynn Howie, in January last year. http://www.libyaherald.com/2014/01/04/update-briton-killed-in-sabratha-named/#axzz3eSmExNHQ [/restrict]

Tags: featuredLibyaSeifeddibe RezguiSousseTunisian interior ministry

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

November 28, 2025
“Beaches and marine life: Between investment and environmental conservation. Towards more sustainable eco-tourism” debate held in Tripoli
Libya

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

November 28, 2025
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention ordered of Director General and Director of Finance of Libyan Post, Telecoms and Information Technology Holding Co. for fund mismanagement

November 27, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Former Director of Long-Term Investment Portfolio’s Housing Company for Tourism and Hotel Investments to be detained for misappropriation of US$ 15 million

November 26, 2025
Next Post

Zintan Zuwara peace deal not yet signed

Fatwa Council condemns Skhirat Draft but approves Dialogue process

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • LBBC concludes productive Benghazi visit strengthening UK-Libya business collaboration

    Libya’s energy transition represents one of North Africa’s most significant infrastructure opportunities: LBBC Chairman Peter Millett

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seventy percent of waste is recyclable and can earn money – councils must work with the private sector to solve their recycling problems

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC chairman participates in expanded meeting on new fuel import mechanism through tender

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.