By Libya Herald reporters.
Benghazi, 21 June 2015:
A booby-trap killed five soldiers today in Benghazi.
The men were entering a building in Suq . . .[restrict]Al-Hoot when a hidden landmine was detonated. An army source said that it appeared that one of the soldiers had stood a device that triggered the mine, which had been concealed against a wall. All five were killed instantly.
Late this evening there were reports of exchanges between the army and Ansar Al-Sharia positions in Leithi. At least one mortar was seen to hit the army lines. As yet there are no reports of casualties.
In the past, Ansar has fired mortars, apparently at random. However in recent weeks, the terrorists appear to have begun more closely targeted attacks. On Friday five neighbourhood guards were killed in Boudhima as they prepared to start their Iftar meal. The mortar round, said to have been fired from Leithi, landed neatly inside the walled compound where they were sheltering.