No Result
View All Result
Friday, August 29, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

New UNSMIL chief tells HoR Peace Accord not for reopening

byNigel Ash
November 22, 2015
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
New UNSMIL chief tells HoR Peace Accord not for reopening

UNSMIL chief Martin Kobler speaking after his first meeting with the HoR (Photo: UNSMIL)

By Libya Herald reporters.

UNSMIL chief Martin Kobler speaking after his first meeting with the HoR (Photo: UNSMIL)
UNSMIL chief Martin Kobler (R) with Foreign Minister Mohamed Dairi (L) and HoR 2nd Deputy President Ahmeed Houma speaking  today after his first meeting with the HoR.   (Photo: UNSMIL)

Tripoli, 21 November 2015:

In a strong appeal to back the Peace Accord that is on the table the . . .[restrict]new UNSMIL chief Martin Kobler today told members of the House of Representatives in Tobruk that the agreement could not be reopened.

In his first formal meeting inside Libya, the newly-appointed German diplomat stressed that he represented continuity, that he was following immediately in the footsteps of his predecessor Bernardino Leon.

Speaking after what he described as a lively meeting with HoR members, who have yet to accept or reject the Peace Accord and the proposed Presidential Council,  Kobler said: “ Now my message was very clear: I will take up the process where my predecessor left it. We cannot reopen the Libyan agreement now. I encouraged and I urged the members of the House of Representatives to go for a positive vote.”

RELATED POSTS

Two Libyans and five expatriates detained for deliberately falsifying civil status data in Tobruk

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

Kobler said that UNSMIL did not want Libyans to suffer from a lack of medicines in hospitals. It did not want the country to have internally displaced people. It wanted prosperity but that meant there had to be internal security and the development of sound politics.

“That’s why I urge all those who have responsibility and the members of the House of Representatives who represent the people of Libya, I urge them to open the way, to go ahead now with a vote that we will have a Government of National Accord in the soonest possible time”.

Kobler, moves on to tomorrow Tripoli, where Libya Dawn officials had been saying he was due to arrive today to talk to the GNC. [/restrict]

Tags: featuredHoRKoberLibyaTobruk

Related Posts

Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

Libyans still need visas to travel to China

August 27, 2025
Next Post
Ajdabiya sees more killings

Ajdabiya sees more killings

Yet more heavy fighting in Benghazi

Yet more heavy fighting in Benghazi

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Medsky Airways adds a second Airbus 320 to its fleet

    Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ministry of Planning launches Libya 2050 Vision

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • UNSMIL head Tetteh proposed new sequenced Roadmap includes parliamentary and presidential elections and a new unified government

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.