By Ajnadin Mustafa.
Tripoli, 25 November 2015:
Reports that a section of the Libyan air force loyal to the General National Congress and . . .[restrict]its chief of staff carried out strike on Sirte and managed to kill a number of Islamic State (IS) commanders are not true, the Libya Herald has been told by a source in the town.
According to the source, the strike was carried out on Monday by members of the Furjan tribe who were part of Al-Jalat Brigade. In a hit-and-run operation south of Ghardabiya airbase, they launched a missile attack on IS forces, allegedly killing and wounding a number IS fighters before pulling out.
In Tripoli and elsewhere, however, it was being reported yesterday that the air force had carried out two raids on Sirte, on ammunition and storage facilities in the suburbs of Abu Hadi and Al-Dahair and that as many as seven people had been killed, including two senior IS commanders. One of them was named as Abu Jalal Al-Maghrabi, allegedly the head of IS’ media office.
Appearing to confirm the fact that no such air raid had taken place, the spokesman for general chief of staff, Ali Sheikhi, he said that he did not have information about it. [/restrict]