By Saber Ayyub.
Tripoli, 12 December 2015:
The GNC Dialogue Team members who put their names to the UNSMIL Tunis deal on . . .[restrict]Friday were today disowned by a leader of the rump of the old parliament.
First deputy president Awad Abdul Saddeq said today that they had been acting without authorisation from Tripoli and had therefore simply been signing for themselves.
Saddeq said that the GNC was still interested in working with UNSMIL to reach what he described as a genuine solution to the political crisis. However, the GNC was still waiting for a clarification from UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon of the role of former UNSMIL chief Bernardino Leon and his relations with the UAE. [/restrict]