No Result
View All Result
Sunday, August 31, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Further revelations of IS bombings in Tripoli revealed in video release

bySami Zaptia
January 6, 2016
Reading Time: 3 mins read
A A

By Libya Herald reporter.

The Rada brigade releases further  videoed confessions of alleged IS members admitting to carrying out terror acts in Tripoli.
The Rada brigade releases further videoed confessions of alleged IS members admitting to carrying out terror acts in Tripoli.

Tunis, 6 January 2016:.

The Rada Special Deterrence Force (SDF) released further videoed confessions last week of suspects accused . . .[restrict]of being IS/Daesh terror operators in Tripoli.

The two videos follow on from an earlier video entitled: ‘‘Execution/implementation Orders’’. Many of those featured in the latest videos had been featured in the earlier video released on 15 December.

However, the latest video also contained confessions of two women with Libyan accents.

RELATED POSTS

Brega begins its fuel truck e-tracking system to counter smuggling

Aldabaiba publicly holds NOC to account over its budget spending – ‘‘the public has the right to know how money is spent’’

The confessions and videos provide some useful insights into the recruiting, thinking and operations of these alleged IS/Daesh members.

Further to the operations confessed to in the earlier December video, twelve operations were confessed to in these latest two video releases.

These were: South Korean embassy; the Moroccan embassy; Iranian ambassador’s residence; Spanish embassy; police station at Zawiet Al-Dahmany; Janzur (Ghiran) checkpoint; Police patrol car; Diplomatic police office; Al Najma factory; Central Security HQ and Mitiga prison.

Those confessing on video said they were from Libya, Tunisia, Egypt, Palestine and Sudan. They admitted that they carried out kidnappings in order to finance their operations. Smuggling across the Libyan border was used for Tunisians to enter Libya illegally.

One Tunisian confessor claimed that his armed Tunisian IS/Daesh colleagues were driving in their cars freely in the city of Sabratha. They carried out kidnappings in order to finance operations in Tunisia, he claimed.

There was cooperation with Libyan accomplices in obtaining fake passports to facilitate travel to Turkey and on to Syria. One was returned by Turkish authorities who spotted his fake Libyan passport. One accused claimed that he had obtained a travel document from the Libyan embassy in Istanbul.

Numerous Libyans from various part of the country were named as accomplices. The internet was often cited as their means of conversion to the IS creed.

Explosive devices were often tied together in bags/rucksacks and set off remotely by mobile phones. Most operations were videoed by a second car in order to be posted on the internet for propaganda purposes.

At the South Korean embassy operation, the accused said they had used a Berretta gun fitted with a silencer. Two security officers were killed.

An accused said that two explosive devices were left at the Iranian ambassador’s residence. While the first device was set off remotely by mobile, the second was only set off once security personnel had surrounded the residence. They established the arrival of the security forces by listening in to their walkie-talkie communications.

The Spanish embassy bomb was 6 kgs of anti-armoured explosives held in a bag and placed next to the plant container outside the embassy.

These latest videos by the Media Office of Rada were, like the first one, of high quality and very slick in their production. However, it is not clear under what circumstances these videoed confessions had been obtained by Rada. None of the accused have been charged by the Public Prosecutor nor taken to court.

Critics of Rada also see these video releases as a partial marketing tool for Rada brigade which is nominally under government control and part of the Ministry of Interior, but operates with much autonomy under its leader Abdel Rauf Kara.

Critics accuse Rada of angling to be given a role in the security role in Tripoli as part of the UN-brokered Libyan Political Agreement and the Faiez Serraj Government of National Accord.

It will be recalled that Rada has been accused of using excessive force in its anti-criminal actions which have led to the death of accused criminals prior to them being sentenced by a court. [/restrict]

Tags: featuredIS Daesh Islamic StatekidnappingspassportsRada Special Deterence Force SDFsmugglingterror

Related Posts

Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

Libyans still need visas to travel to China

August 27, 2025
Next Post
”Brainwashed” woman regrets being used by IS to ‘’satisfy their desires’’

''Brainwashed'' woman regrets being used by IS to ‘’satisfy their desires’’

Hafter orders airforce to defend oilfields amid fears of further IS attacks

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ministry of Planning launches Libya 2050 Vision

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.