No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

LNA military build-up in Traghen as Fezzan elders work on ensuring end to Tamenhint standoff

byMichel Cousins
March 29, 2017
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
LNA military build-up in Traghen as Fezzan elders work on ensuring end to Tamenhint standoff

Tamenhint airbase and airport (Photo: Social medi)

By Libya Herald reporter.

Tamenhint airbase and airport (Photo: Social media)di)
Tamenhint airbase and airport (Photo: Social media)

Sebha, 28 March 2017:

A major build-up of Libyan National Army (LNA) forces is taking place at Traghen, the Libya Herald has learned.

A local source reports the arrival at the military base there of large numbers of fighters and vehicles from the region and from eastern Libyan. “They are from both the south and east [of Libya]” the local resident said. He could not give numbers but said they were “very high”.

He said he had spoken to a number of soldiers who told him that so far they had not been given instructions as to where they were to go.

RELATED POSTS

Traghen Teaching Hospital completes installation of solar power system in its Kidney Department

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

Traghen is some 125 kilometres south of Sebha.

Currently at Tamenhint airbase, 30 kilometres north-east of Sebha, there is a standoff between the LNA and troops belonging to Misrata’s Third Force. It is the last bastion in the Fezzan held by the Third Force.

The local community has called on both sides to resolve matter through negotiation rather than force of arms, although Third Force commander Jamal Treiki has insisted that his men will not withdraw unless ordered to do so by the Presidency Council and its defence minister.

Efforts to ensure a peaceful resolution, nonetheless, continued today with a meeting of elders and tribal representatives from Fezzan. They agreed to set up committee to mediate between the two sides.

Despite the standoff, the area remains peaceful with life continuing normally although on Sunday a local resident was reported to have been shot at near the airbase gate by a member of the Third Force.

Last December, civil society organisations and local elders from Buwanis municipality which includes the airbase demanded the demilitarisation of the area. They also called on the Third Force to withdraw.

Tags: featuredLibyaTamenhintTraghen

Related Posts

Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Minister of Health inaugurates 13 Golden Clinic Complexes – bringing a radical transformation in accessible healthcare to citizens

May 16, 2026
Libya

Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

May 15, 2026
Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council
Business

Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

May 15, 2026
Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June
Libya

Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

May 15, 2026
CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

CBL renews call for closure of unofficial FX sales outlets – as dinar begins to slide again

May 12, 2026
Next Post
French ambassador and UN deputy special envoy meet HoR in Tobruk

French ambassador and UN deputy special envoy meet HoR in Tobruk

Airbase commander and locals killed in Tobruk jet crash

Airbase commander and locals killed in Tobruk jet crash

Top Stories

  • Libyan Express and Italy’s 4 Airways to launch joint Libya-Europe air route ”soon”

    Libyan Express and Italy’s 4 Airways to launch joint Libya-Europe air route ”soon”

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CBL renews call for closure of unofficial FX sales outlets – as dinar begins to slide again

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

Minister of Housing from Baku: Completion and construction of 150,000 housing units and the transition towards smart cities‎ is the aim

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.