No Result
View All Result
Saturday, August 30, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

UPDATE: New Vatican appointment challenged by Rujbani

byMichel Cousins
June 11, 2017
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
UPDATE: New Vatican appointment challenged by Rujbani

Outgoing Vatican ambassador Mustafa Rujbanbi (left) with his replacement, oahmed al-dafu

By Libya Herald reporter.

asd
Mustafa Al-Rajbani with Pope Francis (Photo: Libyan embassy to the Vatican)

Tunis, 5 June 2017:

An announcement published by the official Libyan news agency LANA that the Tripoli-based foreign ministry has appointed Mohamed Al-Dadi to head the Libyan embassy to the Vatican, has been challenged by the outgoing ambassador, Mustafa Al-Rujbani.

He says that  there has been no statement from the foreign ministry and that he has not been informed of the appointment.  Contrary to what was reported by LANA he says that there was no handover ceremony today.  He says that Dadi came to see him about the embassy’s financial situation and simply asked that they be photographed together.

“Mr Mohamed Al-Dadi, from the finance department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs visited the embassy today to discuss the finance situation. There was no talk of handing over or any information to do with this matter whatsoever,” Rujbani said.

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

“We  spoke only about the finance situation in the embassy and the foreign ministry allocating funds for the embassy.

“He had also asked a picture with me. There was no mention from the foreign ministry prior my meeting with Al-Dadi about any handover, either from the foreign minister himself or in an official statement from Siala”, he added.

“There will be no handover of the embassy until there is an official settlement between the two parties in Libya,” Rujbani stressed.

The foreign ministry announced last month that it had removed or retired 13 ambassadors plus four consuls-general. Abdulbasit Elbadri, the ambassador in Riyadh, was sacked because of his support for Khalifa Hafter, but most were removed because they had reached the statutory retirement age.

The move was also seen as a cost cutting exercise, although in reality, many embassies and ambassadors, including some of those now being retired, have not been paid for months.

According to LANA, Dadi has said that he wants to develop cooperation with the Vatican.

Rujbani previously served as labour minister in the Kib government.

 

Tags: featuredLibyaVatican

Related Posts

Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

Libyans still need visas to travel to China

August 27, 2025
Next Post

Ghat councillor and wife attacked in second car heist

UN-backed government orders Libyan students abroad to return home after finishing studies

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Medsky Airways adds a second Airbus 320 to its fleet

    Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ministry of Planning launches Libya 2050 Vision

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.