By Libya Herald reporter.
Tunis, 3 November 2017:
The head of the Presidency Council, Faiez Serraj, has called on the military prosecutor to investigate a senior Bunyan Marsous commander over threats to attack Egypt, the UAE and Saudi Arabia.
Speaking on the pro-Islamist Tanasuh TV earlier this week following Monday’s air raids on Derna in which at least 15 civilians, mainly children, were killed, Brigadier Mohamed Gnaidi said that Libyan forces might retaliate with attacks in Egypt, the UAE and Saudi Arabia if they continued to intervene in Libya.
Serraj condemned Gnaidi’s statement as “irresponsible”. Libya, he said, enjoyed brotherly relations and cooperation with the three countries.
Gnaidi had also declared that if Serraj take did not firm action against the three, he should leave the country “on board the vessel that brought him to Tripoli”.
Ever since Monday’s Derna attack, there have been persistent allegations of Egyptian and possibly UAE airforce involvement in it