No Result
View All Result
Friday, February 20, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Serraj assures Tawerghan protestors he is planning for their return home

byMichel Cousins
December 24, 2017
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Serraj assures Tawerghan protestors he is planning for their return home

Serraj

By Libya Herald reporter.

Serraj
Serraj and Tawerghan protestors at the prime ministry (Photo: PC media office)

Tunis, 23 December 2017:

Presidency Council head Faiez Serraj and two of his deputies, Ahmed Maetig and Ahmed Hamza, have told Tawerghan protestors that they are working to ensure that the people of Tawergha can return to their hometown as soon as possible and that they would be compensated for their losses and suffering, as would be the Misratans. There were, however, some obstacles to overcome, they said, and asked the protestors to be a little more patient. They also told them that they had been discussing improving their present conditions with the interior and defence ministries.

The impromptu face-to-face discussions took place the forecourt of the prime ministry after dozens of Tawerghan protestors managed to climb over the gates of the building.

They have been protesting for a number of days outside over their continued exile since 2011. The cold weather and flooding in the camps where they are housed has made life even more unbearable and has exacerbated their anger.

RELATED POSTS

Aldabaiba opens First Phase of Tripoli’s Third Ring Road

NOC organises workshop with Germany’s GTG to develop renewable energy projects in oil fields

“We feel the pain when we talk about the situation of our people in Tawergha after sevens years of trouble,” Serraj said. He, Maetig Hamza were surrounded by security personnel,

An agreement between Misrata and Tawergha that would see the latter return home and both compensated is being blocked by Misratan hardliners until funds are paid.

Yesterday, the National Commission for Human Rights said it held the PC and its Government of National Accord responsible for the suffering and tragedy of the people of Tawergha.

Tags: featuredLibyaSerrajTawerghaTripoli

Related Posts

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

After the revolution, Libya needs a state of institutions, the rule of law and a unified professional army: Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech

February 19, 2026
Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Business

Tripoli Port receives Kone Crane-type grab from Turkish branch of Portunus

February 19, 2026
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
Next Post
Alfano in migrant talks with Maetig in Tripoli

Alfano in migrant talks with Maetig in Tripoli

Oil pipeline explosion could cause up to 100,000 bpd production loss: NOC

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

Misrata Chamber to hold workshop on “Advance Consignment Information (ACI)’’ imported cargo tracking and registration system adopted by Libya

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.