No Result
View All Result
Saturday, November 29, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Serraj continues efforts to bring ceasefire to Sebha fighting

bySami Zaptia
March 28, 2018
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Sami Zaptia.

(Photo: Presidency Council).
(Photo: Presidency Council).

London, 19 March 2018:

The spokesperson for the President of the Presidential Council, Faiez Serraj, said that the newly-formed Committee to deal with the crisis in the south of Libya under the direct auspices of Faiez Serraj, is continuing to pursue its actions and endeavours to achieve a cease fire in the region.

The statement comes on the back of continued fighting over the whole of last week in Sebha with reports of gunfire and shells falling indiscriminately on civilians.

Speaking on Sebha at today’s lunchtime press conference held at the Prime Minister’s Office in Tripoli, Serraj’s spokesperson, Mohamed El-Sallak, said that efforts are continuing to ‘‘activate the truce, and to communicate with all parties, without exception, discrimination or bias, in order to create a climate of appeasement, pave the way for a serious dialogue leading to reconciliation that leads to the desired stability’’.

RELATED POSTS

CBL Board hold second 2025 meeting in Sebha, discusses revenues, foreign exchange and banking services

Libyan and Tunisian dates companies meet in Sebha to explore international export cooperation

El-Sallak added that the Committee’s efforts were based on the humanitarian side in terms of caring for the wounded and injured, delivering medicines and medical supplies, and opening up service paths for citizens.

He added that Serraj had instructed the Western military region to secure the arrival of the fuel tanks to the south, which had arrived specifically in Sabha and Al-Shati. He admitted that one fuel truck was taken by force by an armed group.

 

 

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2018/03/13/faiez-serraj-appoints-new-official-spokesperson/

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2018/03/13/pc-seeks-to-reduce-tension-in-sebha-sets-up-committee-creates-security-force/

 

Tags: Faiez Serrajfeaturedofficial spokesperson Mohamed El SallakSebha

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

November 28, 2025
“Beaches and marine life: Between investment and environmental conservation. Towards more sustainable eco-tourism” debate held in Tripoli
Libya

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

November 28, 2025
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention ordered of Director General and Director of Finance of Libyan Post, Telecoms and Information Technology Holding Co. for fund mismanagement

November 27, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Former Director of Long-Term Investment Portfolio’s Housing Company for Tourism and Hotel Investments to be detained for misappropriation of US$ 15 million

November 26, 2025
Next Post
Municipality leaders call for Judicial High Council to takeover running of country – if HoR and HSC fail to reach consensus within 30 days

Municipality leaders call for Judicial High Council to takeover running of country - if HoR and HSC fail to reach consensus within 30 days

Saif Qaddafi alleged supporters announce his candidacy for 2018 elections at Tunis press conference

Saif Qaddafi alleged supporters announce his candidacy for 2018 elections at Tunis press conference

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • A high-level Libyan delegation and U.S. officials from Congress, the administration, and think tanks hold roundtable discussion in DC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tripoli Libyan government delegation holds extensive meeting in DC with several major American companies ‘‘reflecting renewed American interest in Libyan market’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tripoli government delegation meets Eric Meyer, Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for the Middle East and Africa, to discuss economic and financial cooperation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Sirte Free Zone offers 70% reduction in duties for all goods through its port for two years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.