No Result
View All Result
Sunday, November 30, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Geographic area of anti-terror operations is free from terrorists: Serraj spokesperson

bySami Zaptia
April 9, 2018
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Sami Zaptia.

Mohamed Sallak, the spokesperson for the head of the PC, Faiez Serraj, was vague on whether there is cooperation with Hafter's LNA Air Force in the south of Libya (Photo: Presidency Council).
Mohamed Sallak, the spokesperson for the head of the PC, Faiez Serraj, reported that terrorists had been cleared in eight days from the Nation’s Storm area of operations (Photo: Presidency Council).

London, 9 April 2018:

Reporting on the ongoing Nation’s Storm anti-terror operations, the official spokesperson for Presidency Council head Faiez Serraj, Mohamed El-Sallak said that the operation was continuing in its eight-consecutive day.

Speaking at the weekly Monday press conference held at the Media Centre of the Prime Minister’s Office, El-Sallak said that these operations were supported by the Libyan Air Force, and with considerable cooperation from locals.

He asserted that the geographical area of the operation was now completely free of any elements of terrorist organizations and that the operation’s patrols are stationed in the region and are fully securing it.

RELATED POSTS

Aldabaiba proposes new Road Map for holding elections, loans and land for youth and money for healthcare for war wounded

Cooperation agreements reached between Libyan and the Greek pharmaceutical and medical companies: Tripoli Chamber of Commerce

El-Sallak added that the Anti-Terror Force assures that it has not and will not enter any city or region, and that its tasks are limited to dealing with any potential targets in the area of the valleys and reefs in the suburbs.

Furthermore, during the question and answer session with the media, Sallak confirmed that the operation was conducted by Libyan forces and without any participation of foreign forces. He added that the Presidency Council has been transparent in the past on reporting on the participation of US forces.

It will be recalled that Faiez Serraj, in his role as Commander-in-Chief of the Libyan Armed Forces, had launched an anti-terror military campaign entitled ‘‘Nation’s Storm / National Storm’’ on 2 April.

Serraj heads Libyan forces based in western Libya. He, his Presidency Council and his forces are recognized by the international community. Khalifa Hafter, meanwhile, is commander of the predominantly eastern-based Libyan National Army (LNA).

The Nation’s Storm military operation aims to target ISIL/Daesh terror remnants and dens starting from the 60 km checkpoint east of Misrata and fanning out in a crescent/triangle geographic area south to the outskirts of Bani Walid, Tarhuna, and back towards the coast to the outskirts of Khoms and Zliten.

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2018/04/03/anti-terror-operation-nations-storm-launched-by-pc/

 

Tags: anti terror operation Nation's Stormfeatured

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

November 28, 2025
“Beaches and marine life: Between investment and environmental conservation. Towards more sustainable eco-tourism” debate held in Tripoli
Libya

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

November 28, 2025
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention ordered of Director General and Director of Finance of Libyan Post, Telecoms and Information Technology Holding Co. for fund mismanagement

November 27, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Former Director of Long-Term Investment Portfolio’s Housing Company for Tourism and Hotel Investments to be detained for misappropriation of US$ 15 million

November 26, 2025
Next Post
Thousands of human rights violations carried out by state-affiliated Libyan militias: UN report

Thousands of human rights violations carried out by state-affiliated Libyan militias: UN report

Sebha 6th Infantry Brigade declares ceasefire and allegiance to Hafter LNA

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seventy percent of waste is recyclable and can earn money – councils must work with the private sector to solve their recycling problems

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Public Prosecutor’s Office initiates legal proceedings against members of criminal gang involved in organizing illegal migration by sea

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC chairman participates in expanded meeting on new fuel import mechanism through tender

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.