No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

NOC lifts force majeure on El-Feel oilfield

bySami Zaptia
July 16, 2018
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Sami Zaptia.

NOC TOTAL LOGOS 4 EN                               

London, 16 July 2018:

Libya’s National Oil Corporation (NOC) lifted the status of force majeure from the El-Feel/Fil (Elephant) oilfield on Thursday. It had been under force majeure since 23 February 2018.

The lifting of force majeure came after the resolution of the dispute caused over the demands of the Fezzan branch of the Petroleum Facilities Guards (PFG) guarding the oilfield. The NOC announced that the pumping of oil is expected to resume from the field at a rate of 50,000 barrels/day within two days, and a further 72,000 barrels/day within the next three days from the lifting of the force majeure.

RELATED POSTS

Mellitah Oil and Gas completes maintenance on well A-28 in Abu Attifel field – reducing water to zero, increasing production to 2,490 bpd

Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

The El-Feel field is located in the Murzuq basin, 200 kilometres south-west of Sabha, and operated by Mellitah Oil and Gas, a joint venture between Eni Italian company Eni and the NOC.

The NOC said that the negotiations succeeded in ensuring that the PFG, Fazzan branch, went back to their previous positions unconditionally and with complete discipline in their work of protecting the oilfields.

“We are pleased to announce the return of production in the El-Feel field and this will help us quickly reach maximum production levels,” NOC chairman Mustafa Sanalla said.

Tags: el fil el feel oilfieldfeaturedforce majeureMurzuqNOC chairman Mustafa SanallaNOC National Oil CorporationPFG Petroleum Facilities Guards

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Minister of Health inaugurates 13 Golden Clinic Complexes – bringing a radical transformation in accessible healthcare to citizens

May 16, 2026
Libya

Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

May 15, 2026
Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council
Business

Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

May 15, 2026
Next Post
End of 2018 Libyan elections should only be held if conditions are ‘’right’’: Salame to UNSC

End of 2018 Libyan elections should only be held if conditions are ‘’right’’: Salame to UNSC

HoR concludes debate of constitution referendum bill – to put to final vote on 30 July

HoR concludes debate of constitution referendum bill – to put to final vote on 30 July

Top Stories

  • Libyan Express and Italy’s 4 Airways to launch joint Libya-Europe air route ”soon”

    Libyan Express and Italy’s 4 Airways to launch joint Libya-Europe air route ”soon”

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

CBL Governor & Interior Minister discuss action plan to curb FX black-market, reduce smuggling across borders and imports outside banking system

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.