By Sami Zaptia.
London, 17 December 2019:
Libya’s state National Oil Corporation (NOC) announced yesterday that its subsidiary Harouge Oil Operations (HOO) resumed production from its Ghani oil field yesterday at a production rate of 5,000 barrels per day as a first phase. Production at the field is expected to reach 8,000 b/d in the coming few days.
The NOC says that this important accomplishment was achieved in ‘‘very difficult and dangerous conditions’’.
The NOC owns an 88 percent share of HOO, which operates the field on its behalf. Canadian company Suncor owns the remaining 12 percent, under the EPSA IV format agreement approved in 2008.