By Sami Zaptia.
London, 3 March 2020:
The Conciliation and Arbitration Council of the Benghazi Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture will hold what it refers to as the first international conference of conciliation and arbitration in Libya under the slogan “The impact of arbitration and mediation on development, construction and investment projects’’.
The conference will be held in Benghazi on Saturday, 14 March at the Ministry of Economy’s Garyounis Hall, Benghazi.
The Benghazi Chamber says the objectives of the conference are:
- Localizing the role of conciliation and arbitration and spreading its importance in resolving contractual disputes.
- Highlighting the role of conciliation and arbitration in driving development and investment.
- Calling for the development of the legislative and legal environment for arbitration in Libya and to review agreements and treaties related to development and investment.
Some of the main themes of the conference include:
- The reality of the system of conciliation and arbitration in Libya and its role as an alternative culture in resolving disputes.
- The role of conciliation and arbitration in pushing development and investment projects.
- Local and international models and experiences in conciliation and arbitration cases.
- The implementation of the judgment of the arbitrators and the supervisory role of the Libyan judiciary on conciliation and arbitration.
The conference will host a group of arbitrators in the field of conciliation and international arbitration from local experts and some Arab countries.
For further inquiries, contact: [email protected]