Libyan and Italian municipalities to meet in Tunis 25-28 January for improved capacities training
By Sami Zaptia.
London, 23 January 2021:
From 25-28 January, 23 cross-Libya and 6 Italian municipalities will hold their first meeting in Tunis as part of Italy’s support for Libyan local government.
The meeting comes under Italy’s ‘‘Training and development of Libya’s municipal capacities’’ cooperation project. The training will be on areas of:
- Civil registry
- Municipal assets and budgets
- Improving Demographic Data collection and management
- Analysis of processes
- Strengthening and expansion of registry services skills
- Management and registry of heritage and property
- Partnership between Libyan & Italian municipalities
The project is implemented by the National Association of Italian Municipalities (ANCI) It explains that the project aims to strengthen the capacities of Libyan municipalities in the organization of basic services, making them more accessible to the population, so as to favour dialogue and collaboration between Libyan administrations and local communities.