No Result
View All Result
Saturday, February 21, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Environment Ministry bans swimming in newly reopened Lido resort – the day after the PM visits it

bySami Zaptia
July 14, 2021
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Environment Ministry bans swimming in newly reopened Lido resort – the day after the PM visits it

The newly refurbished central Tripoli Lido (Sinbad) resort was opened last July by Aldabaiba. Last week he ordered its destruction (Social media).

By Sami Zaptia.

A day after the PM opened it, the Environment Ministry said the newly refurbished central Tripoli Lido (Sinbad) resort has polluted sea water and the public should not swim in it (Social media).

London, 14 July 2021:

The Ministry of Environment yesterday banned swimming in the newly opened central Tripoli Lido resort due to its polluted water. The announcement comes a day after Prime Minister Abd Alhamid Aldabaiba had made a high-profile visit to the former Sinbad resort.

In a statement, Minister of Environment Ibrahim Al-Arbi Mounir stressed the need to prevent swimming on the Lido resort’s beaches, which he said suffers from pollution due to the presence of sewage estuaries emptying on the beach without going through the treatment stages. He also cautioned the resort on the absence of signs warning visitors not to swim.

The minister also stressed the need to find solutions for sewage water and its treatment.

RELATED POSTS

Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech

Aldabaiba criticises corruption and mismanagement within health sector – calls on sector to reform itself in return for his support

The Ministry reported that the resort confirmed its desire to implement the instructions of the Minister of Environment.

PR own goal by PM Aldabaiba

The statement by the Minister comes after his visit to the resort on Tuesday morning to see the environmental conditions there. This followed a social media outcry after Prime Minister Aldabaiba, opened the Lido resort on Monday with photographs and video clips showing gatherings at the opening and surrounding him.

His visit also led to the publication on social media of aerial photographs documenting the long well-known fact that sewage outlets were emptying their contents near the resort.

The social media derision and mockery aimed at the Aldabaiba were also fuelled by the fact that he had just announced a lockdown, closing cafes, restaurants events halls, etc, to prevent mass gatherings – the type of mass gathering which the Prime Minister participated in at the Lido.

The ire of the general public was also increased by the fact that during the Qaddafi-era and beyond, the then Sinbad resort was a public resort charging minimal nominal entry fees. Now the new entity that has spent hundreds of thousands on it are charging middle-class rate entry fees. Social media critics questioned how a resort that was accessible for all has become a resort for the high earning elite.

Tags: Abd Alhamid aldabaiba pm GNU Government of National UnityfeaturedLido Sinbad Tripoli resort

Related Posts

Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

February 20, 2026
Malta to open Libya Consulate in weeks – visas, residency permits, flights, bank accounts, seized dinars discussed
Libya

Maltese Embassy participated in a mission in Libya in support of the Libyan National Centre for Emergencies and Disaster Management.

February 20, 2026
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

After the revolution, Libya needs a state of institutions, the rule of law and a unified professional army: Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech

February 19, 2026
Next Post

500,000 doses of one-shot Sputnik Light expected by the end of the week

Italian Consul meets Benghazi Municipality to discuss numerous points of common interest

Italian Consul meets Benghazi Municipality to discuss numerous points of common interest

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

Military Industrialization Organisation delivers 7,000 cooking gas cylinders it has manufactured locally to Brega Oil Marketing Company

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.