No Result
View All Result
Sunday, November 30, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

LBBC leads delegation to Tripoli of 30 business representatives

bySami Zaptia
November 15, 2022
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
LBBC leads delegation to Tripoli of 30 business representatives

Logo: LBBC

The Libyan British Business Council (LBBC) organised a business delegation to Tripoli from 8 to 9 November. The LBBC said the delegation consisted of 30 businessmen and women who were keen to build on their existing relationships with companies in Libya.

The delegation was sponsored by Bank ABC, BACB, Eltumi & Co and Wazen Oil Services with the support and cooperation of the British embassy.

The main day of meetings consisted of four main panels.

The energy panel started with a keynote presentation by NOC Chairman, Farhat Ben Gadara, who set out his priorities: increasing oil production, focusing on gas, restructuring the NOC and boosting environmental protection. He also announced the imminent lifting of force majeure on new exploration. The panel then discussed the legal, financial, administrative issues around engagement with the crucial hydrocarbon sector in Libya.

The Banking panel started with a keynote presentation by Central Bank Governor Saddek El Kaber and then discussed a range of important issues for companies interested in how the banking and finance sectors function in Libya and the best ways to ensure prompt payments of contracts.

RELATED POSTS

Libya’s energy transition represents one of North Africa’s most significant infrastructure opportunities: LBBC Chairman Peter Millett

LBBC’s ‘‘Libya Energy Transition Conference: Renewable Investment Opportunities’’ to take place in London on 26 November 

The third panel on the private sector heard several interesting presentations from a major private sector company, AlSahl and LIPTIC and then discussed the best way for companies to develop stronger relationships with the burgeoning private sector in Libya including on oil services, education, training and health.

The fourth panel on training and visas discussed the importance of issuing of visas for business visitors and the NOC welcomed the significant progress that had been made in issuing visas for NOC students to study at British Universities.

The delegates also participated in a reception hosted by British Ambassador Caroline Hurndall in which they met a wider group of Libyan businessmen and women.

Chairman of the LBBC, Peter Millett said “I am delighted that the LBBC is here in Tripoli for the first time in 8 years and has received an extremely warm and encouraging reception from Libya’s economic institutions and business sector. We will build on this important start and aim to visit Benghazi in the near future and to return to Tripoli next year with another major delegation. In short, British Business is ready to help rebuild Libyan infrastructure, help to modernise the energy sector and cooperate with the private sector in Libya.”

The LBBC also welcomed the launch of the new British Libyan Business Association, a group of local companies and looked forward to working together with their Libya-based network.

Tags: LBBC Libyan British Business Council

Related Posts

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments
Business

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

November 29, 2025
Ministry of Housing in discussions with Ernst & Young in London
Business

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

November 29, 2025
Minister of Industry meets the Committee for Localisation of Oil Materials and Equipment Industry
Business

Industry and Minerals Ministry signs MoU with Hungary’s Rotary International Co. for joint infrastructure investment projects

November 29, 2025
NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port
Business

NOC reviews Poland’s Puna oil company’s 2025-26 exploration plans in the Murzuq Basin

November 29, 2025
LAIP delegation visits Maputo, Mozambique to recover seized rice project
Business

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio holds coordination meeting with Nigerian embassy on Transit Corridors Project

November 28, 2025
Libyan Export Promotion Centre changes to become Libyan Export Development Authority – new logo adopted
Business

Libyan Export Development Authority to launch subsidised direct shipping service to Sub-Saharan African ports

November 28, 2025
Next Post
National Commercial Bank is first bank to implement use of unified automated company registration number as part of its KYC process

NCB to launch new 2023 strategic plan to improve e-banking services

Ghnewa Kikli’s Support and Stability security agency to hold conference on stability in Tripoli: 15 to 16 November

Ghnewa Kikli’s Support and Stability security agency to hold conference on stability in Tripoli: 15 to 16 November

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seventy percent of waste is recyclable and can earn money – councils must work with the private sector to solve their recycling problems

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Public Prosecutor’s Office initiates legal proceedings against members of criminal gang involved in organizing illegal migration by sea

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC chairman participates in expanded meeting on new fuel import mechanism through tender

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.