At Wednesday’s second regular cabinet meeting of 2023, held in the city of Aljmail and headed by caretaker Prime Minister Abd Alhamid Aldabiba, the following were approved or announced:
- Coastal road to Tunisian border: The completion of the legal and contractual procedures for the Zawia-Ras Ajdir coastal road expansion project (128 km).
Aldabaiba stressed the need to adhere to the right of Libyans to complete development projects in all regions and cities of the country.
- Three radar systems: Permission was granted to the Civil Aviation Authority to complete the awarding procedures and contracting for the implementation of a project to supply three radar systems for the conduct of air traffic, and to exclude them from the conditions for providing a primary insurance letter of guarantee (0.5 percent) when submitting offers.
- Contract with international consultants to prepare feasibility plans for transit roads: Permission was granted to the Ministry of Transport to contract with international consulting offices to prepare economic, planning and technical feasibility studies for the implementation of the transit road projects (Misrata – Tamanhint – Agades) and the transit road (Benghazi – Kufra – Sudan) and allocating the necessary financial coverage from the 2023 budget.
- Contract with consultants for study and design of projects: Permission granted to the Housing and Infrastructure Board (HIB) to contract in a direct manner with specialized consulting companies to carry out the preparation of studies and designs necessary for the implementation of integrated facilities projects for the cities (Tajoura – Janzour – Al-Zawiya – Zuwara – Al-Jamil – Raqdalin).
- Contract with Egyptian consortium for Tripoli Third Ring Road: Approval of Appendix No. 2 submitted by the HIB regarding the contract concluded with a consortium of Egyptian companies regarding the implementation of the Third Ring Road project in the city of Tripoli.
- MoU with Turkey on culture: Permission granted to the Ministry of Culture to sign a memorandum of understanding for cooperation in the cultural field with Turkey.
- MoU with Tunisia on training: Adoption of the memorandum of understanding signed between the Libyan Ministry of Labour and Rehabilitation and the Tunisian Ministry of Employment and Training in the field of employment, labour exchange and vocational training.